Saturday, July 24, 2010

No. 37 ~George Kollias~ 05

Falling in at no.5 in my top 10 list is the psychotic metal drummer: George Kollias!


He is unquestionably one of the best metal drummers of the 21st century. His speed and stamina on the drums are out of this world. He can play at speeds up to 280BPM and I am not kidding! He is extremely fast!


For those who dont know who he is, he was born in Greece in August 1977. George got his first drum kit at the age of 12 having already a two year background in music as a guitar player. He now plays for the death metal band "NILE." Though I do not particularly like the band but I really admire George Kollias as being an extreme metal drummer.

In 2008, he released a DVD called Intense Metal Drumming where he instructed on how to be able to play as fast as him and thanks to that DVD believe it or not. I can play up to 260bpm and it is all thanks to his teachings. Which is why he is no.5 in my list.


He plays
  • Pearl Drums,
  • Sabian Cymbals,
  • Axis Pedals, &
  • Vic Firth Sticks

videos from: George Kollias' Youtube channel
Picture and Info from: DrummerWorld and his Official Site

No comments: