Friday, July 30, 2010

No. 38 ~Grant Collins~ 04

Landing in fourth place on my list is Australia's master drummer Grant Collins.
Grant Collins in my opinion is one the most technical drum soloist that I have ever seen. His is often known for pushing the limits and boundaries of drumming with his four-limbs independence technique. This video shows his massive drum kit and what he does with it. It's pretty cool!



Perhaps it is best summed up by internationally renowned drummer, Dom Famularo, who had this to say about Grant:
"I travel the world performing and meeting many great drummers. It is not often I hear someone who is on the cutting edge of modern drum set performance. Well, in Australia I heard that person...Grant Collins! When you hear him, be prepared for the ride he will take you on... you will remember it for the rest of your life!"




The thing that I love most about him is that the way he plays makes it sound like there is a group of people play a bunch a percussion instruments when really...it is just him alone doing everything. And that my friends, takes years of hard work, commitment and an unending love and passion for the instrument.




He uses:
  • Pearl Drums
  • Zildjian Cymbals
  • Pearl Harware/Pedals
  • Latin Percussion
  • Vic Firth Sticks

photos from :DrummerWorld
videos from: Youtube
Official Site: www.grantcollins.com

No comments: