Thursday, July 9, 2009

No. 25 ~ Andrea Vadrucci a.k.a Vadrum ~

Alright, this drummer is one of the most unique ones I have ever seen. The style of drumming is ofcourse nothing short of excellence but Andrea Vadrucci has really caught the attention of many Youtubers as the Super Mario drummer. And what I mean by that is that he did a drum cover for The Super Mario Bros. game. Sounds strange? At first I also thought of the same thing but when I saw the video, I was really stumped. It was like what if Mike Portnoy had nothing to do and just started playing nostalgic video games... and this is what you'll get.

Basically, in this post I really dont need to say much cause the videos themselves will truly get your attention even for non-musicians, they'll find it very entertaining...



This was the first video that grabbed my attention of Andrea Vadrucci and the rest they say, is history.




Other than the Super Mario stuff, he has also approach the Classical Music realm and add the progressive rock element into them. Now for many Classically trained musicians esp the pianist might probably find the next few videos as an insult because they dont like it when their music gets tampered with. It was for me a very subjective matter because you cant please everyone. But nevertheless, I find it to be something new and awesome. Also, hats off, it has made me a believer that he truly really is a musical genius!







Out of all of these drum covers/arrangements that he did. This one takes the cake as bringing back much fond memories of my favorite cartoon.

The Simpsons!

To Andrea Vadrucci, the most awesome/coolest drummer on YouTube.