Friday, July 31, 2009

No. 29 ~Christian Drummers~

For the past few drummers that I have talked about in my post, I haven't really gotten to the ones that I've always wanted to talk about. The drummers that are doing what I want to do in my life. Being a drummer for Christ and winning souls! The ones that you already know are of course Teddy Campbell from American Idol and Marvin McQuitty of Israel & New Breed. But there are many others that did not come from such Gospel Church backgrounds. Many of them were lost somewhere in their life as drummer but soon became saved.

So here is my salutation and respect towards all these great drummers that I have come to enjoy seeing them drumming.

Gregg Bissonette. The drummer that I have come to realize as being one of the most versatile drummers I have ever seen. He has performed with such musicians like Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Santana, and Duran Duran.


Here's an old video of him drumming in the Buddy Rich Memorial Concert.



This is him now, which kind of shows his variety of drumming styles as being both a soloist and a sideman.







Luis Conte
. First thing that come to my mind is not just an amazing percussionist, but also a really humble a nice person. I've seen some of his drumming and listened to him being interviewed and I have got to say, he is a very humble and nice guy. Which is hard to find people like him especially when he has performed with such great artists like Phil Collins, Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Shakira, Enrique Iglesias, Elton John and even a rock band like Goo Goo Dolls.


Here's Luis Conte drumming along with Phil Collins and Chester Thompson



Zoro the drummer
. Do not be fooled by his looks, he is one powerhouse drummer for Christ! He was interviewed by Joyce Meyer last year and to what it is like being a drummer for the Lord. I have the interview video so if anybody wants the video, you can e-mail me.





Sheila E. There is only one thing I can tell you. Dont judge a book by its cover. She will kick your butt if you think you can drum better than her. As being both drummer/singer...she has worked with many famous people like Prince, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion.


Long ago while still working with Prince. Powerhouse drumming!!!


A video excerpt from the "Sisters in Spirit" Tour.
Man, if I had a girlfriend like that, I would be considered the luckiest man in the world. (laughs)

Last but not the very least, the one and only living legend, Vinnie Colaiuta. I have to say, a poly rhythmic master like him being a drummer for Christ is truly a huge win for drummers everywhere and he is one of the most respected musicians among many drummers. I would say he has reached to a status equivalent to Steve Gadd!








To all these amazing drummers, I salute and respect you all!

No comments: